The Ministry, in collaboration with the African Development Bank (AfDB), launched the Lobito Corridor Trade Facilitation Project (LCTFP) in 2018, which will run for a period of 3 years with a budget of USD 8.4 million.
The project seeks to empower SMEs in the agriculture sector with basic equipment for value addition, reduce gender inequality by empowering women involved in trading and entrepreneurship, and empower border agencies with enhanced capacity for service delivery around the Lobito Corridor.
Specifically, the Lobito Corridor Project Aims to:
- Accelerate Growth in Domestic and Cross Border Trading via Trade Facilitation Instruments.
- Strengthen Coordination of Joint Corridor Infrastructure.
- Facilitate effective participation of Small and Medium Enterprises in the value chains.
- Mainstream Gender and increase/consolidate participation of women in Economic activities.
- Promote the Lobito Corridor as a short route for mining firms in DRC and Zambia